Senior Architectural Technologist
We are an established multi-disciplinary architectural and creative studio based in the 124 Street Arts District of Downtown Edmonton, a perfect location for a company that thrives on creative thinking. We pride ourselves on building communities, and developing long term relationships with our clients and stakeholders. We are regarded as dynamic innovators, inspiring our team members to be leaders in the industry. As we continually improve and evolve our design practice, we strive to be the architectural and design studio of choice for clients and staff, as well as thought leaders in our community.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
A Senior Technical and Production Team Member who is versed in the technical project delivery phases. This person will have senior level technical experience in a number of building typologies and systems. A degree in Architecture or a diploma in Building Technology coupled with 15 years or more of architectural experience in design development drawings, contract documents, and construction administration acquired in an architectural office are required.
Senior Technologists work with and report to Job Captains, and other Project Leaders in the studio environment, performing senior level production and building science tasks. This individual is a technical leader who provides technical support in all the project delivery phases, and is accountable for technical content development, accuracy, and quality control and quality assurance, reviews content completeness. They participate in coordination with team members and consultants. They also provide ongoing mentorship to the overall studio compliment.
Experience with state of the art BIM must be demonstrated, preference will be given to those with Revit experience. Expert knowledge of and experience with building codes is also required.
As Senior Technologist, you'll be expected to
• Ensure that the interests of KENNEDY are promoted and protected at all times in the technical delivery of our projects.
• Work with the Job Captain, Project Leaders and Principal in planning the technical expectations and performance throughout project design.
• Prepare cartoon sets and production plans; oversee production management and reporting functions; report to the Job Captain.
• Lead, develop, prepare, and review Design Development Drawings (DD) and outline specifications.
• Lead, develop, prepare, and review Contract Documents (CD) and outline specifications.
• Direct and support the development of project technical requirements and KENNEDY technical initiatives.
• Ensure coordination of consultant documentation with respect to project criteria, client program, drawings, and specifications.
• Perform Contract Administration (CA) duties (as required) in collaboration with the Contract Administrator.
• Direct the preparation of tender documents.
• Direct the research and compilation of construction materials and technical assemblies.
• Direct the assembly, circulation, and filing of project documents.
• Support the Job Captain(s) in chairing production meetings.
• Perform code and bylaw analysis.
• Perform Quality Control procedures and reviews.
• Coordinate with, and review the work of, project consultants.
• Collaborate with authorities having jurisdiction.
• Provide mentorship guidance and direction to other Production Team Members.
• Mentor staff in project technical development and knowledge.
• Lead, motivate, and manage project team(s) to produce technically successful design and construction documentation.
Minimum Requirements - Recap
• For Architecture a recognized degree in Architecture or diploma in Building Technology coupled with a minimum of 15+ years of architectural experience in Design Development Drawings and Contract Documents acquired in an Architectural Office.
• Demonstrated experience with state of the art BIM; Revit experience an asset.
• Expert knowledge of, and experience with, building codes.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES? APPLY NOW!
Please send a cover letter and resume to careers [at] kennedycreate.com. All submissions are kept in confidence.