Intermediate Architectural Technologist
We are an established multi-disciplinary architectural and creative studio based in the 124 Street Arts District of Downtown Edmonton, a perfect location for a company that thrives on creative thinking. We pride ourselves on building communities, and developing long term relationships with our clients and stakeholders. We are regarded as dynamic innovators, inspiring our team members to be leaders in the industry. As we continually improve and evolve our design practice, we strive to be the architectural and design studio of choice for clients and staff, as well as thought leaders in our community.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
An Intermediate Technical and Production Team Member who is versed in the technical project delivery phases. This person will have mid level technical experience in a number of building typologies and systems, preparation of documents from concept to completion, especially with small to mid-size projects. A degree in Architecture or a diploma in Building Technology coupled with 6 years or more of architectural experience in design development drawings, contract documents, and construction administration acquired in an architectural office are required.
Intermediate Technologists work with and report to Job Captains, and other Project Leaders in the studio environment, performing mid level production and building science tasks. This individual is a technical maven, accountable for technical content development, quality, accuracy, and content completeness. They participate in coordination with team members and consultants, mentor less experienced team members, and help resolve technical tasks or drawing production problems.
Experience with state of the art BIM must be demonstrated, preference will be given to those with Revit experience. Solid knowledge of and experience with building codes is also required.
As Intermediate Architectural Technologist, you'll be expected to
• Ensure that the interests of KENNEDY are promoted and protected at all times in the technical delivery of our projects
• Work with the Job Captain and Project Leader in planning the technical expectations and performance through project design
• Implement production plans; implement production management and reporting functions; reports to the Job Captain
• Assist in the leadership, development, preparation, and review of Design Development Drawings (DD) and outline specifications
• Assist in the leadership, development, preparation, and review of Contract Documents (CD) and outline specifications
• Support the development of project technical requirements and KENNEDY technical initiatives
• Ensure coordination of consultant documentation with respect to project criteria, client program, drawings, and specifications
• Perform Contract Administration (CA) duties in collaboration with the Contract Administrator
• Assist in the preparation of tender documents
• Assist in the research and compilation of construction materials and technical assemblies
• Assist in the assembly, circulation, and filing of project documents
• Perform code and bylaw analysis
• Implement Quality Control procedures and reviews
• Coordinate with and review the work of consultants
• Collaborate with authorities having jurisdiction
• Provide mentorship guidance and direction to more junior Production Team Members
• Lead, motivate, and support project team(s) to produce technically successful design and construction documentation
Minimum Requirements - Recap
• For Architecture a recognized degree in Architecture or diploma in Building Technology coupled with a minimum of 6+ years of architectural experience in Design Development Drawings and Contract Documents acquired in an Architectural Office.
• Demonstrated experience with state of the art BIM; Revit experience an asset.
• Solid knowledge of, and experience with, building codes.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES? APPLY NOW!
Please send a cover letter and resume to careers [at] kennedycreate.com. All submissions are kept in confidence.