Project Architect / Project Manager
We are an established multi-disciplinary architectural and creative studio based in the 124 Street Arts District of Downtown Edmonton, a perfect location for a company that thrives on creative thinking. We pride ourselves on building communities, and developing long term relationships with our clients and stakeholders. We are regarded as dynamic innovators, inspiring our team members to be leaders in the industry. As we continually improve and evolve our design practice, we strive to be the architectural and design studio of choice for clients and staff, as well as thought leaders in our community.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR
A Responsible individual for planning and managing the provision of project delivery services for mid to large scale projects. The objectives of this role are to represent KENNEDY in a professional manner; be an ambassador for the firm; manage client relationships, interests and goals; and ensure the quality and fiscal success of KENNEDY projects, and report to the Principal(s). Individuals in this role are expected to actively mentor and support other project architects / project managers.
The Project Architect / Project Manager may be required to provide design leadership on various projects, and may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on specialized design and act as a resource. The PA / PM may work on several concurrent projects of varying sizes and assist in the education and development of design and studio staff.
AS Project Architect / Project Manager, YOU'LL BE EXPECTED TO
• The PA / PM will work in, and foster, a collaborative environment to create work plans, drawing lists, scope of services, budgets, and staffing requirements with the project Job Captain(s).
• Review and monitor project scope and initiate corrective actions in cooperation with the Job Captain(s).
• Lead the KENNEDY design process including creation of design concepts, generation of presentation material, and required submission documentation.
• Be a contributor to and participate in proposal pursuits and responding to EOI’s and RFP’s.
• Review / Coordinate consultant activity with the Job Captain(s) and maintain a high level status understanding of the project flow.
• The PA / PM may participate in the preparation of Pre-Design and Schematic Design documents, specifications, and maintain a high level status understanding of the project development from the Job Captain(s), reporting to the Principal(s).
• Chair or work with other PA / PM’s to chair design / production meetings.
• Conduct client and public presentations.
• Build relationships with clients through responding to program and budget requirements.
• The PA / PM may assist with business development.
• Work with authorities having jurisdiction at a project leadership level in all key areas of project development.
• Develop project criteria, scope of services, detailed work plans, drawing lists, schedules, and resource (staff, technical, budget) requirements over the project lifecycle in alignment with KENNEDY processes and standards of quality and client requirements.
• Plan project team utilization including the projection of workload requirements to facilitate proper allocation of firm-wide resources.
• Allocate assigned tasks, maintain and communicate the project work plan and requirements to the Job Captain(s), project team, and manage completion and quality of tasks to ensure successful project delivery.
• Lead, motivate, and manage project team(s) to produce successful design and construction documentation and ensure appropriate team member utilization and growth potential.
• Ensure coordination of consultant documentation with respect to project criteria, client program, drawings, and specifications, and standards of excellence.
• Actively manage project design time budgets to ensure project profitability and prepare status reports.
• Coordinate additional services with the client as required.
• Approve and control all time spent on projects, expenses, and consultant invoices.
• Take responsibility for the “Risk Management” of the project for KENNEDY.
• Ensure detailed Zoning, Development By-Law and Building Code review / analysis are prepared, distributed and filed.
• Monitor and support on-site contract administration requirements including completion of professional responsibilities such as deficiency reports, required site reviews, certificates of payment, and letters of assurance.
• Ensure proper project records are developed and maintained.
• Coordinate with applicable authorities having jurisdiction during all phases of the project.
• Chair design and production meetings.
• Mentor staff in project management.
• Build and manage client relationships through dedicated communication and project leadership.
• Provide continuous reporting to the Principal(s).
• Participate in the peer review process for KENNEDY projects
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - RECAP
• For Architecture a recognized degree in Architecture coupled with a minimum of 10+ years of architectural experience
• For Interior Design a recognized degree / diploma in Interior Design coupled with a minimum of 8 years of Interior Design experience
• For Architecture and / or Interior Design registration with a provincial regulatory board an asset
• Capable of providing leadership in design and project management
• Strong technical background in AutoCAD, Revit is considered an asset
• Excellent time management and teamwork skills
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Actively cultivating an Inspirational leadership style
• Detailed knowledge of applicable building codes and by-laws
• Advanced knowledge of the construction practices
GOT WHAT IT TAKES? APPLY NOW!
Please send a cover letter and resume to careers [at] kennedycreate.com. All submissions are kept in confidence.