Built in 1915, the Prince of Wales Armouries has a long history as one of the most significant military training centres in the Province of Alberta. This pristine-quality historic landmark was rehabilitated and re-purposed to house exhibits open to the public as well as house the City of Edmonton Archives as a stand-alone building located within the original structure. A building within a building, the integrated design is an elegant solution, incorporating the new into the well-seasoned.